Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Cloud Operations Engineer is responsible for creating, maintaining, and automating cloud deployments.
- Operations Engineers/DevOps will be on call and organize responses to critical infrastructure issues if they cannot be addressed easily.
- This role will also be responsible for responding to internal cloud requests, maintain IAM, create and enforce a cloud security model.
- This role is critical to ensuring that Covax Infrastructure is up and running for our customers to use while giving them the peace-of-mind that their data is in good hands.
- You will be working closely with the infrastructure team to build and deploy backend services through AWS EKS and assisting in automating deployment pipelines.
- Create and maintain cloud deployments by using the following technologies: AWS, EKS, ECR, EC2, RDS, Route53, Cloudwatch, Terraform, Ansible, Prometheus, Grafana, Python and Golang.
- Perform assigned responsibilities in the various steps of the system development lifecycle (planning, design, development, implementation, deployment, and maintenance).
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Integrate new applications into legacy or existing software.
- Provide training on maintenance and update procedures to clients who choose to take charge of their own applications.
- Contribute to the overall development of the Development Team and of internal software applications.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Communicate to customers and internal management: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how our services relate to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the product and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets in DevOps.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- In-depth experience with various cloud related technologies, including: AWS, EKS, ECR, EC2, RDS, Route53, Cloudwatch, Terraform, Ansible, Prometheus, Grafana, Python & Golang.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Educational / Experience Recommendations:
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science, computer/electrical engineering, software development, or a related field.
- AWS DevOps Engineer Certification.
- MBA/MS preferred but not required.
- 5 years of experience in related technologies.
Pay & Benefits:
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and ability
- Medical, dental, vision coverage provided
- Equity participation in the company
- Bonus eligibility
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com